Monday, September 13, 2010

Man, I Love Boobies

I have to admit, breastfeeding has come with its challenges and  I think everyone has their hurdles.  It definitely was a bit of shock to the 'ol nipples. Yeow!  I just kept at perfecting his latch until we found what is now working for us. Then there is the energy it takes to feed a baby. There are definitely times you find yourself so exhausted you just wish you could detach a boob and hand it over to the papa.  Then there are the days he gets so boobay crazed you think he is never going to detach.  I imagine myself walking around with this ever growing baby hanging off one of my tittays.  Haha!  AND then I find myself enjoying the moments that make me feel so good about what I am doing. To be able to sit down and gaze at my lil nugget all snuggled up to my breast nursing away is pretty priceless.  I am in awe at how my body is made, providing nourishment to this growing chunk of a boy. As each lil roll of baby chub appears I am so tickled with joy at my accomplishment.  There are the moments in feeling strong in my femaleness. It's about being at the grocery store and finding myself with a hungry baby and all I have to do is pop a boobie in his mouth. Talk about convenience.  Doesn't get much easier than that.  Comes in handy hiking around these beautiful mountains with my lil' guy. Really do love my boobies.

1 comment: